30 Dec 2020
Esperanza is a spanish word meaning “Hope”.
Depending on students, an Esperanza’s role may vary. However, it always covers a few broad categories. Counselors are responsible for working with students who need help managing their behavior, keeping up academically, or planning for the future. Counselors also work with administrators, teachers, and parents to develop a comfortable, healthy school environment free of bullying or illegal activities.
A counselor is always there to offer advice to students at crucial turning points in their lives. A few words from a helpful counselor can profoundly impact a student’s life by improving their outlook on school, family, and the future.
NEED OF COUNSELLING
Counselling is an integral part of an over-all programme of guidance. “Counselling is a specific process of assistance extended by an expert in an individual situation to a needy person”. This means the counseling situation arises when a needy person is face to face with and expert who makes available his assistance to the needy individual to fulfill his needs.
Role of counselling
Esperanza couselling cell is formed to meet the various needs of the students administrational and the educational system. The role of Esperanza is that:-
1. To help in the total development of the student:
2. To help in the proper choices of courses
3. To help in the proper choices of carvers
4. To help in the students in vocational development
5. To develop readiness for choices and changes to face new challenges.
6. To minimize the mismatching between education and employment and help in the efficient use of manpower.
7. To motivate the youth for self employment.
8. To help freshers establish proper identity
9. To identify and motivate the students form weaker sections of society.
10. To help the students in their period of turmoil and confusion.
11. To identity and help students in need of special help.
12. There are such students as the gifted, the backward the handicapped who need special opportunities. They need special attention and opportunities.
13. To ensure the proper utilization of time spent outside the classrooms.
14. To check migration to prevent brain drain.
15. To make up for the deficiencies of home.
16. To minimize the incidence of indiscipline.