Our IQAC team consists of members representing the faculty, representatives from the management, alumni, Students, local community and collaborating organizations. External experts are also invited by the IQAC to contribute to the effective functioning of the college.
|Resmi R Pillai
|Rubin Raj Mathew
|Shahana Habeeb Mohammed
|Jayakrishnan J Nair
|Tinku Abey Koshy
The objectives of IQAC are:
● The Internal Quality Assurance Cell gives advice and guidelines to the administration to maintain high quality work in academics and administration.
● The cell monitors the quality aspects of all the academic and non-academic activities of the institution.
● The cell works on various accreditation aspects.
● To implement the Outcome Based Education in all the departments of the institution
● Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
● Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
● Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
● Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
● Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
● Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
● Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
● Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
● Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA,) in the prescribed format;
● Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR;
● Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
● Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
● Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices;
● Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
● Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
● Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The IQAC shall have the following composition:
● Principal - Chairperson
● Five senior teachers and one senior administrative official- Member
● Two external experts on Quality Management/ Industry/Local Community- Member
● Director / Coordinator – Member Secretary
The IQAC should meet at least once in a quarter.The quorum for the meeting shall be two-third of the total number of members. The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in retrievable format.All functions of IQAC be performed during the above meetings and if required additional meetings be held as per the requirements.
Department Quality Assurance Cells are formed at each department for implementation of policies/guidelines issued by IQAC as well as to ensure quality of various departmental activities. DQAC to organize meetings regularly as mentioned below in respect of a semester and minutes of meetings need to be forwarded to IQAC.
● Ensuring pre-semester preparations, like justified subject allocation in terms of knowledge and experience, course planning, lesson plan and mapping of Course Objectives, tools for achieving Course Objectives, adequacy of academic requirements, lab preparedness etc
● Before scheduled class tests to ensure adequate syllabus coverage, quality of question papers, assignments etc.
● To analyze the results and review the teaching-learning process to make recommendations.
● DQAC shall forward suggestions and improvements made in the respective department to IQAC for analysis and implementation at other departments.
● Chairman Head of Department
● 2-4 Three Faculty members Asso/Asst Professors One nominated as Secretary One lab staff As per requirement only
● One nominee from each class As per requirement only
● PTA representative of each class As per requirement only
● Class Advisors As per requirement only